FACT

my life my life my life......... in tha sunshine

Monday, April 5, 2010

Not Surprising Facts





After watching this i heard things i already knew about our community. I was only surprised by the fact that "white America" is just now finding our culture so appealing. this has been a issue in the black community for as long as i can remember, but it seems that when Tyler Perry hit the big screen & left the stage behind him black people are a trendy topic. that movement along with the seal of approval Oprah (almost as good as the lord appove signing off it) Now our issues are on the 9 O'clock news and topics of ABC specials.  
I watched this video with my boyfriend and we discussed it for about oh about 5 mins and we agreed that our generations (those born in the 80's & above) weren't brought up the way our parents were in the way of manners and a drive to be great. we instead settle for average or below. Our community has no respect for itself. It seems as though the black man is more into the get rich quick scams, drug dealing, or trying to be like everyones favorite rapper, who is now incarcerated. Using excuses as to why they choose not to try to be better than they're surroundings. I'm scared to think of how this new generation will turn out seeing as how most of their parents were kids themselves when they were born.


      ps I could go on forever on this topic and I do realize i didn't really touch bass on black women and our hang ups. 
            I'll save that for another post and instead live you with this: think about the songs you listen to the shows you watch and then see how it has reflected on your life. 
          PLEASE RESPECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS BLACK MEN & WOMEN WE CAN DO BETTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment